Overcoming Team Challenges During a Pandemic
Today running an efficient dental practice while keeping up with the advances of delivery of care, during a pandemic, can be an area that overwhelms many dental professionals.
Whether you are a practice owner, administrative or clinical team member, being part of a successful practice is important to everyone. Working at a leading office allows one to feel proud, accomplished and part of something that is a reflection of their contribution to the dental industry.
A dental office is continually balancing a number of priorities. We've all experienced its fast pace and ever changing environment, with team members that can have different insights as to areas that lead to practice success. However, the areas of importance that overlap with each team members role should be the focus of daily activities. It's these common areas of importance that will help the team navigate through challenging times.
Some common areas of importance within a practice:
- Communication with each other, as well dental professionals that are part of treatment outside the practice walls, such dental and medical specialists and dental labs.
- Minimizing risk in the office that can impact staff and patients
- Time management
- Providing optimal oral health outcome
- The patient experience starting from when a patient first enters the office
- The reputation of the office, as it's an extension of who they are as a dental professional